Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My background and education

My name is Hannah Willenborg. I am volunteering with Vidya Sahayog here in India for several months to help better train the early childhood teachers on more modern, developmentally appropriate methods.

In order to better the education system here in Hyderabad and across India, teachers will need to re-think their methods and become better acquainted with up-to-date, research-based practices.

While here, I am putting together a basic training program that can be sustainable and used not only for the current teachers, but future teachers of the organization as well.

My background includes lots of experience working with and learning about children. I have worked directly with children of all ages for over 10 years, but have worked specifically in the field of early childhood development and education for about five. I have worked as a lead teacher for toddlers and older infants, but most of my work has been with preschool classrooms (4 year olds) in the U.S.
I have an associates degree in Early Childhood Studies, as well as a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education.

My knowledge base includes understanding of high quality Early Childhood curriculums including Reggio-Emilia, Montessori, and most specifically, High-Scope, which all use active-participatory learning as a foundation.

Most of the material I use for trainings comes from a mixture of these methods. Information on these teaching methods can be found in many places online. I have included links to sites that can help anyone wishing to learn more about high quality Early Childhood Education.




No comments:

Post a Comment